|Home » |
E-MU 1212M PCI
Digital Audio System
The E-MU® 1212M PCI Digital Audio System delivers everything you need to produce audio on a PC with professional results - 24-bit/192kHz converters (the same A/D converters used in Digidesign®'s flagship Pro Tools® HD 192 I/O interface), hardware-accelerated effects and mixing, and seamless compatibility with your favorite PC audio/sequencer software. Whether you are recording full-blown productions or running virtual instruments on a dedicated computer, the E-MU 1212M PCI Digital Audio System is the perfect solution for any application that only requires a couple channels of premium analog I/O (i.e. mastering, remixing and running virtual instruments).
The E-MU 1212M features:
- Mastering grade 24-bit/192kHz converters - the same A/D converters used in Digidesign's flagship ProTools HD 192 I/O Interface delivering an amazing 120dB signal-to-noise ratio
- Hardware-accelerated effects - over 600 standalone and E-MU Power FX VST plug-in effects with no CPU overhead
- PatchMix™ DSP zero-latency hardware mixing and monitoring - with super-flexible patchbay - no external mixer needed
- Comprehensive analog and digital I/O plus MIDI - 12 inputs and 12 outputs, plus MIDI I/O
- Compatibility with most popular audio/sequencer applications - ultra-low latency 24-bit/192kHz ASIO 2.0 and Stereo WDM drivers
- E-MU Production Tools Software Bundle - includes Cakewalk SONAR LE, Steinberg Cubase LE and Wavelab Lite, Ableton Live Lite 4 for E-MU, IK Multimedia AmpliTube LE and T-RackS EQ, Minnetonka diskWelder BRONZE, SFX Machine LT, plus E-MU's Proteus X LE Desktop Sound Module - everything you need to create, record, edit, master and burn is in the box
- Two 1/4" Balanced Inputs
- 24-bit/192kHz ADAT In/Out (switchable to S/PDIF)
- 24-bit/96kHz S/PDIF In/Out (switchable to AES/EBU)
- MIDI In/Out
E-DSP Hardware-accelerated Effects, Mixing and Monitoring:
E-MU's Digital Audio Systems feature the powerful E-DSP chipset, which features a hardware-accelerated effects processor with over 28 effects plug-ins (over 600 presets). This effects architecture is fully expandable, allowing you to add more effect plug-ins to your system as needed. E-DSP also provides zero-latency, hardware-based mixing and monitoring via the included PatchMix DSP mixer, delivering unmatched flexibility in routing audio between all of your physical and virtual (ASIO/WDM) inputs and outputs- no external mixer needed.
All Digital Audio Systems ship with the following Effects Plug-ins:
|Stereo Reverb||Lite Reverb||Compressor|
|Phase Shifter||Frequency Shifter||Distortion|
|Speaker Simulator||Rotary Speaker||Auto-Wah|
|Vocal Morpher||1-Band Para EQ||1-Band Shelf EQ|
|3-Band EQ||4-Band EQ||Mono Delay 100|
|Mono Delay 250||Mono Delay 500||Mono Delay 750|
|Mono Delay 1500||Mono Delay 3000||Stereo Delay 100|
|Stereo Delay 250||Stereo Delay 500||Stereo Delay 750|
|Stereo Delay 1500|| || |
|Average Customer Rating:
|| based on 3 reviews|
Average Customer Review:
( 3 customer reviews )
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
2 of 2 found the following review helpful:
Great Sound cardApr 17, 2009
By Nigel Smith
I recently bought the 1212m sound card after a prior purchase of the 1820 (wished i could have gotten the 1820m instead)so i already knew basically what to expect from this card.I recommend this card mostly for people who are into audio production since gamers will not have much use for most of the features it provides such as audio processors (compressors, equalizers etc.) and effects (reverb, delay etc.) and a rather complex mixer routing system. It also includes only two 1/4in stereo ins and outs for connecting instruments such as keyboards, electric bass and guitar (the latter two should be connected via a preamp such as the behringer mic 200).If you need more inputs and outputs then you will have to purchase the 1616m breakout box or a preamp with ADAT
The sound card also provides digital (spid/f and ADAT) inputs and outputs which lets you record either in stereo or 8 tracks respectively.
This card is more for the budget minded project home studio owner who wants the power that DSP technology offers but can't afford to purchase a UAD card.
VERY GOOD INTERFACE!Feb 05, 2011
I bought this interface about a week ago, I had the emu 0404 and it was replaced by this one and I am happy with it, especially because I have an adat out preamp and can record eight channels separately and it is absolutely great! very low latency for monitoring I absolutely love this interface and I have made decent records which have sound even in radio.
Im a "wanna be" producer and I am very happy eith, i think I will have it for a long time.
OutstandingMay 04, 2010
By David Vaughan
"book and movie lover"
I bought this card (card set, actually) only to use a sound output device for my PC.
I have to say, two thumbs way up. I use this with a low-dollar PC with a run-of-the-mill CD/DVD drive (or iTunes) as a source to drive a headphone amp and headphones, and the sound is absolutely outstanding.
I think this card is an outstanding value - two thumbs way up!