Live! HD Webcams
|Home » |
Creative Live! Cam inPerson HD Webcam
Smoothing the way for better, clearer communication
Be it chatting with friends or having business discussions from miles away, you no longer have to tolerate video calls that lag and freeze. The Creative Live! Cam inPerson HD is our first Skype-certified webcam offering you smoother and brilliant high-definition (HD) video calls* in HD 720p clarity, thanks to onboard processing that reduces the need to utilize all of your CPU power. Besides Skype, you can also communicate over other compatible instant messaging applications.
With Live! Cam inPerson HD, enjoy razor-sharp widescreen HD 1080p-quality video and up to 12-megapixel^ still snapshots too. In the boardroom or your dorm, look and sound your best because of auto focus capability and four built-in microphones which digitally eliminate ambient noise. To add spice to video chats, bundled Live! Central 3 software offers audio and visual effects, avatars, as well as movie creation and surveillance applications.
|Skype certified for high-quality HD video calling experience|
With Skype certification, you are assured of the best Skype video calling experience in HD 720p video quality.
|Smooth HD video calling made easy|
An onboard H.264 encoder enables video compression and frees up CPU utilization, resulting in smooth HD 720p video streaming at up to 30 frames per second. Enjoy fluid, lag-free video streaming over Skype and other compatible instant messaging applications.
|Crystal-clear voice chats with quad microphones|
Introducing the latest quad microphones that support beam-forming and noise cancellation technologies, they eliminate ambient noise in your conference or living room.
|Full HD 1080p quality in smaller file sizes|
When it comes to expressing yourself in the most vivid detail, no other format comes close to Full HD 1080. The Live! Cam inPerson HD records videos at Full HD 1080p resolution and compresses the files without sacrificing video quality.
|Never look blurry with auto focus|
Auto focus technology built in the lens of the Live! Cam inPerson HD lets you look sharp every time. Now say goodbye to fuzzy and out-of-focus videos, even in close-ups!
|Do more with new Live! Central 3 software|
New Live! Central 3 software spices up your video chats with cool fun effects. Record video blogs and share them instantly on your favorite social networking sites. The software also comes with a touchscreen-enabled user interface, which makes using it on touchscreen Windows 7 computers a breeze.
|Works with Windows 8|
We have updated audio drivers that will allow you to enjoy the ultimate in Sound Blaster performance in Windows 8.
Click here to download the latest drivers.
* Requires at least an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, 2GB RAM, 1Mbps symmetrical (incoming and outgoing) bandwidth capability
^ Software enhanced
|Average Customer Rating:
|| based on 29 reviews|
Average Customer Review:
( 29 customer reviews )
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
36 of 41 found the following review helpful:
High Price, Low QualityAug 15, 2011
By Philip R. Heath
"Gadgets, Music, & Books"
Watch Video Here: http://www.amazon.com/review/R2KKX1CDJDZ0CW They say that a picture is worth a thousand words, and I think that the video much more telling than anything I could write. I am very disappointed in the quality of the video this webcam records, and I cannot recommend it - especially given its rather high cost. Give the Logitech Webcam C310 a try instead.
2 of 2 found the following review helpful:
Big price. Mediocre video quality. Bloated software.Oct 15, 2011
By D. Hentze
Usually you get what you pay for, but in the case of the "Creative Live! Cam InPerson HD Webcam", you sure don't. My old Creative Cam is several years old. It cost less than $50, has just as good video quality if not better, and is a fraction of the size of this 9" webcam. Out of the box, the Creative Live! Cam InPerson HD Webcam was easy to install, although the included bloated software did take several minutes to install. Getting this huge webcam in an acceptable viewing angle on top of my 22" monitor was a chore. After installing the software, a "check for updates" came up with a driver update, and an update to the "Live! Central 3" software. To give you an idea how bloated the software is, the update was over 400MB. Once everything was installed and updated, I put the camera to the test. What a disappointment. Even in my well lit office, video was grainy, and the camera had trouble maintaining focus. I tried manually changing the cam's settings in an attempt to improve the video quality. Nothing I could do made a major difference. PQ is just mediocre at best. At his price point, this is unacceptable. If this was a $30 webcam, it would be acceptable, but not at well over $100. If you're looking for a high quality webcam, this isn't it. It produces noisy mediocre video. For less than 1/2 the price, you can find cam's that will outperform the "Creative Live! Cam InPerson HD Webcam". Look elsewhere.
The current price of the Creative Live! Cam InPerson HD Webcam has dropped from $140, to $79.99. This price point is much more acceptable, but it still does not diminish the cam's mediocre performance.
8 of 11 found the following review helpful:
Great sound -- TERRIBLE picture qualityJul 29, 2011
By D. P. Schroeder
Overall, I must say I'm highly disappointed with this webcam, though it does have some good features that perform well. Perhaps I got a lemon, but all I can do is judge what I have received, and if this is representative of the quality level of this unit, Creative really needs to take it back to the drawing board.
The GOOD --
* The 4 noise-cancelling microphones (and integrated hardware and software to do this) perform admirably. I have NO complaints on sound quality.
* The bundled "Live! Central 3" software performs well, gives one a good preview of what one is going to see, or what the other person will see on Skype, offers a fair number of useful "tweaks" to the image and sound, and it has performed without any negative incidents on my computer (see bottom of review for my computer specs).
* The mount design is fairly stable and sits nicely and steadily on either my 23" or 19" monitor. Good configurability in the design.
* Seems to work seamlessly with Skype, though at a sub-par quality level for the optics (see below).
The BAD --
* This is a TERRIBLY noisy, grainy camera. Knowing a bit about optics (I'm a DSLR enthusiast with thousands of dollars of gear and about 3 years experience with two Nikon prosumer camera bodies and many pro-level lenses, I know and use Adobe Lightroom, DxO, and Photomatix, the latter for HDR work of course), I figured the problem was low-light noise on such a small camera since my current office for my business is in my basement -- I have two 75W lights just over my head, and I thought that might be too little illumination for that camera. So, I brought in a 300W halogen torchiere to place next to my desk, and, if anything, the noise is far worse. The optical noise is frankly nasty and completely unacceptable.
* Autofocus of poor quality as well. It never seems quite IN focus, so I switched over to manual focus, using the slider in the bundled software, and I can't EVER get the image in focus. And, no, I don't have "soft focus" turned on. The optics just seem to be of VERY low quality.
* Zoom -- this feature is nice, though it does hunt around a bit to center on one's face, but the problem is that even though it's 1080P HD, the camera can't zoom out enough to take advantage of that resolution. So, it's almost impossible to have the camera center on my face unless I place the camera way off-center on the monitor, and that's just silly because my face is a full 24-26 inches back from the camera. In optical terms, there's just an unacceptably narrow Field of View. I don't see how this camera could be of much use for home surveillance while away or for any videographic purpose.
* My testing even started out badly when I Plug-n-Prayed the camera, as instructed -- doing so disabled my keyboard drivers and made the keyboard inoperable. Upon restart, my computer straightened that out, but it wasn't an auspicious beginning.
* Even on optimal quality (largest file size), the hardware and software compression render a completely useless (to me at least) image/video stream that's best described as "smudgy."
My conclusion is that this camera is very poorly designed, with the exception of the audio quality, and I think there are MUCH better choices out there for much less money.
My system -- Dell XPS8300 with Intel CORE i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Turbo), 12GB RAM, Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, ATI Radeon HD 5700, THX TruStudio Certified Sound Card, ViewSonic VX1940w 19" Wide 2ms High-Res 1680x1050 LCD Monitor - DVI, and ViewSonic VP2365WB 23-Inch IPS LCD Monitor.
1 of 1 found the following review helpful:
Super BulkyNov 22, 2011
By Alan Manning
I thought that this camera would be the best ever based on all the features and the price, but I was wrong.The installation took more than a few minutes to complete because after the software is installed the system will search for updates and download those updates. It takes forever. Once the installation is finished everything seems to move very quickly IF you have Windows 7.
The image is below my expectations. I thought it was the type of light in my room so I moved to the sun room and the quality of the image remained very grainy. I changed the settings with no results.
The kinetic feature is horrible, the camera would not be able to maintain focus unless you would not move at all.I am so frustrated with the performance of this device, it was a complete waste of money. I went back to my old Logitech webcam and have absolutely no problems.
1 of 1 found the following review helpful:
Works well once you are up and runningNov 19, 2011
The size is a little larger then normal and I admit it was a little glitchy at first but this could be due to my settings.. once it was up and running though it did a great job and better then most as far as images. I would recommend this one!
See all 29 customer reviews on Amazon.com