|Home » |
Creative Live! Cam Socialize HD AF Webcam
Sharper and wider HD videos with auto focus, wide-angle lens
With Creative Live! Cam Socialize HD AF, you will always look sharp thanks to its auto focus capability. In addition to recording high definition videos at 720p, its wide-angle lens captures a viewing area that's 25% larger, and is made of glass for a clearer, natural experience during online chatting. To spice up chats, bundled Live! Central 3 software lets you add avatars, filters, doodles or even morph your voice! Adding to its enhanced array of features is a built-in microphone that cancels out background noise to deliver clear speech. For photos, snap away in 10-megapixel* clarity and make a home movie easily using Movie Creator before sharing it with all on YouTube and Facebook.
||Works with Windows 8
We have updated audio drivers that will allow you to enjoy the ultimate in Sound Blaster performance in Windows 8.
Click here to download the latest drivers.
* Software enhanced
|Average Customer Rating:
|| based on 94 reviews|
Average Customer Review:
( 94 customer reviews )
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
79 of 82 found the following review helpful:
Pretty good but not great.Sep 22, 2011
By Amazon Customer
Watch Video Here: http://www.amazon.com/review/R2TQAF0649CPI In this review I use the camera to take a short video and demonstrate it's features.
28 of 29 found the following review helpful:
Best webcam for the price!Apr 17, 2011
By A. Yue
I make a living by working with and submitting videos to Youtube, so obviously a high quality webcam is number 1 on my priority list. I did some looking around and the Creative Live! Cam Socialize HD AF 720P,10MP Webcam caught my eye. I figured what the heck, it's affordable and it records in HD. I must say, this is by far the best webcam I've ever used. The picture is fantastic, the built in mic is great and it's all very simple to use. What more could you ask for from a webcam? Whether you'll just be using it to Skype or if you're like me and your job requires consistent high quality video production, the Creative Live! Cam Socialize HD AF 720P,10MP Webcam is the way to go. It's affordable, well made, and easy to use. Do yourself a favor and pick one up.
11 of 11 found the following review helpful:
Gets the job done with mostly consistent clarity, nothing spectacularSep 12, 2011
By Alex Dodd
It was nice to find no drivers nor any bloatware BS software have to be installed to use this camera with my Asus Windows 7 PC. Just plug it in and let it install the drivers on it's own and Skype picked it up no problem. The wide angle lens is nice for conferences and other wide shots, but keep in mind if you are looking for just video chatting, hope you have a clean space/don't care where people are. The wide angle shows quite a bit more of your surroundings than most webcams.
The video is very sharp in good light, but so-so in low light. My MacBook Pros built in web cam definitely does better in lower lighting. My only other qualm with video is the auto-focus is slow to respond/sometimes straight up stupid. Luckily webcams don't generally require as demanding autofocusing as a normal camera would, but I caught it a couple of times completely out of focus, having to place my hand completely over the camera a couple of times to get it to refocus on me properly.
Audio quality seems fine too. I haven't tried nor will need to use it in a particularly noisy environment. Things recorded sounded clear and echo-free and people I have done video chats with have no complaints on their end with audio or video.
10 of 11 found the following review helpful:
This webcam is awesome!Apr 19, 2011
By Amazon Customer
Hey everyone, I've never been one of much use for a webcam, however with my sister going overseas for school soon and my father traveling alot for work, I deemed it necessary to obtain one, and found this little gem. The video quality is AWESOME, and it's nice and small so it can be stored real easy when not in use. I've used it to record videos in 720p just for fun, and been able to use it in serious scenarios as well. If you're looking for a great, high quality webcam, this is certainly the one for you!
20 of 26 found the following review helpful:
Good camera, unstable softwareAug 27, 2011
By N. Krumpe
Good news and bad news.
The good news? The camera plugs and plays on my Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit desktop. Google chat and Skype immediately recognized the camera and worked well with it.
More good news: The video quality seemed very good to me. In my poorly lit basement office, the camera worked well, despite the fact that the only light source was behind me. I was impressed!
So, if all you need is a camera that will work with existing software, then I would recommend this.
But then there's the bad news: Creative's accompanying software was problematic from the moment I installed it. Ready for the story?
1. Minor annoyance: It took more than 5 minutes for the initial installation, which I think is too long for this kind of software.
2. Slightly bigger annoyance: At the "end" of the installation, I was told to reboot the system. Why can most software install on Windows 7 without a reboot, but this couldn't manage? So, add a couple more minutes to the installation process.
3. BIG PROBLEM #1: Upon rebooting, the software jumps into its "How about registering your product with us" routine. When it did, CRASH...big crash. "Blue Screen of Death" system exception crash, which caused my computer to reboot. I looked on Creative's knowledge base for mention of this issue...nothing.
4. Intermission: Upon reboot, everything seemed OK again. I played around with Creative's software, and it was mildly amusing. Video capture worked well, and I managed a faint smile when I started adding animated hair to my video image.
5. BIG PROBLEM #2: I decided to check if there was an update to the software, thinking perhaps that it would fix whatever caused the initial crash. Well, guess what...the updating process itself caused ANOTHER CRASH of my system, forcing it to reboot itself...again.
6. Major annoyance: So, I decided to uninstall the software. Well, upon close inspection, Creative has installed SIX different programs on my computer as part of the install. As best as I can tell, I now need to uninstall these one by one (I uninstalled everything but the driver).
7. Another annoyance: At the end of installation of one of those programs, the software told me I needed to reboot my system to complete the process.
Finally, 4 reboots later (2 because of crashes) I'm back to just having the camera without all the additional software.
I want to stress that I really like the camera, but I recommend putting aside the software. Perhaps Creative will update the software to make it more stable, or offer some support suggestions for users who run into the problems I encountered. But in the meantime, find a way to use the camera with other software.
See all 94 customer reviews on Amazon.com